The Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 Tactical Sunglasses were introduced in 2006. Their rugged design is geared more for battle than for beauty. The most obvious changes from the regular M Frame is the thicker frame, the wider elbows past the temple hinge which were brought in to better accommodate helmets or other headgear, and stonger temples. The ridges add some style to the frame, but also enhance the overall integrity of the frame.
To accomodate a MIL-PRF 31013 rating, the Ballistic 2.0 lenses, made of pure Plutonite, are slightly thicker. The DedBolt center clip is designed to literally lock in the ballistic lens to prevent separation during impact.
If you are looking for a set of safety glasses that exceeds ANSI Z87.1 Industrial Standards, look no further. The Z87.1 stamp can be found near the top edge of the lens above the nose bridge, hidden by the brow of the frame.
- Plutonite lens material blocks 100% of all UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light
- Full compatibility with PASGT, CVC and MICH helmets
- Full compatibility with helmet-mounted night vision devices
- Distortion-free optics via patented Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry that minimizes refraction
- Extended upper/lower/lateral/ viewing fields via Polaric Ellipsoid geometry
- Maximized comfort of ultra-lightweight design (1.05 oz. total weight)
- Secure fit, even under wet conditions via hydrophilic Unobtanium at all contact points
- Convenience of easy lens replacement with no need for tools
- Clear Lens - Light Transmission 93% - All-purpose. Allows the maximum amount of light through for the most accurate representation of your environment.
- Grey Lens - Light Transmission 18% - Medium to bright light. Excellent all-purpose lens with enhanced contrast for sunny conditions.
- Fully compliant with all ANSI Z87.1-2010 protection requirements
- Fully compliant with MIL-PRF-31013 Vo Ballistics
INCLUDED IN THE KIT:
- Gray Lens
- Clear Lens
- Microfiber bag
- Anti-fog Lens Cleaning Kit